Recruitment Policy and Associates Memorandum of Understanding
Associates of DMH & Associates Ltd. are drawn from a variety of sources from within and outside the guidance and social research field and are selected in accordance with a rigorous procedure based upon proven expertise and a track record in one or more relevant research area, supported by appropriate evidence-based documentation. Associate membership is ratified for a specified period (normally one year); in particular instances this period may be extended.
In support of its Associates, DMH & Associates Ltd., will:
1) where appropriate, sub-contract with the Associate for specific project work in accordance with a contract letter and signed agreement;
2) for any satisfactorily completed sub-contracted work, comply with the procedure contained within the DMH & Associates Ltd., ‘Invoicing and Payment Guidelines’;
3) ensure that any sub-contracted work that involves the Associate working on a self-employed basis is offered in compliance with the relevant Inland Revenue guidance;
4) provide core support services to Associates, when necessary and as appropriate;
5) review annually, and if appropriate renew, the Associate`s membership; and
6) keep the Associate up to date with all relevant DMH Associates’ matters, including opportunities for consultancy, project and development work.
Associates Memorandum of Understanding
Associates may be sub-contracted by DMH & Associates Ltd., and paid for the satisfactory completion of tasks specified, on a project by project basis according to the terms of separate contract letters. Where mutually beneficial, and by mutual agreement, Associates may occasionally represent DMH & Associates Ltd., at events on either a paid or unpaid basis. The Associate title is operational only within the timescale agreed by both parties (usually one year), subject to renewal.
By becoming affiliated with DMH & Associates,Ltd., the Associate agrees to:
1) represent him/herself as an Associate of DMH & Associates Ltd., in all matters of client liaison and any other aspect of DMH Associates-related work;
2) be responsible for the satisfactory completion of project work, as specified in the relevant contract letter;
3) be responsible for the correction of any perceived unsatisfactory work in his/her own time and at his/her own expense;
4) comply with DMH & Associates Ltd., policies and procedures in the execution of DMH Associates’ work;
5) invoice for payment for any sub-contracted project work in accordance with the DMH & Associates Ltd., ‘Invoicing and Payment Guidelines’;
6) be responsible for his/her own income tax and National Insurance in respect of any DMH & Associates Ltd., sub-contracted project work, and be registered with the appropriate authority for such purposes;
7) give at least four weeks written notice in the event that he/she is obliged to withdraw from a project due to unforeseen circumstances;
8) act in the spirit of integrity and trust implicit within the ‘Memorandum of Understanding’ and, in particular, agree to discuss with DMH & Associates Ltd., any instances where a client, known to the associate as a result of his/her links with DMH & Associates Ltd., wishes to commission directly with the individual for further work in a related field within one year of the end of a DMH & Associates Ltd., project.